Re: Tarsnap config files are ignored

On 20/07/2016 22:01, Mauro Ciancio wrote:
Hi Chris,
I guess that the environment is changed when sudo is invoked and the config file could not be found in root's home.
Does it help?
--
Mauro Ciancio

Good thought. I switched to root and tried again, but with no
success. However, I then copied .tarsnaprc to the /root folder,
and suddenly it started working, both when directly logged in
as root, and when going via sudo.

I still don't understand why it can't see the config file in
the /usr/local/etc folder -- it's definitely there and
accessible when I'm logged in as root. But at least I now
have things working.

Thanks very much.

-- Chris
chris@the-study.net