Re: Tarsnap config files are ignored

On 07/20/16 14:18, Chris wrote:
> I still don't understand why it can't see the config file in
> the /usr/local/etc folder -- it's definitely there and
> accessible when I'm logged in as root. But at least I now
> have things working.

This is indeed strange... can you check if /etc/tarsnap.conf is
being read?  It's possible that autoconf is picking /etc/ as the
place for configuration files; this seems unlikely given that you
had it installed under /usr/local, but I've learned to not assume
any sort of predictable behaviour from autoconf.