Re: Compiling on Synology

List, I am also trying to compile tarsnap for use on a Diskstation as the last person successfully did in this thread.  That person's machine was Arm based.  Mine is x64.

Any ideas what I might try based on the following, or is there any more information I should provide?

> The problem is that entware-ng doesn't create some of the lib symlinks
> properly creating configure problems when compiling tarsnap.  So you need to
> use "opkg install --force-reinstall" to reinstall openssl and other packages
> configure complains about.

> After, compiling is simple and everything works.
Actually, this didn't work so well for me, and I'm not sure of the cause.  I did opt to use entware-ng as Arun did, and I followed the instructions he indicated.
During ./configure I have an error in configuration for the OpenSSL on this Diskstation DL412+, which is an x64 based machine:

checking openssl/rsa.h usability... yes
checking openssl/rsa.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
checking for RSA_private_encrypt in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: *** OpenSSL missing ***
DiskStation>

I suppose the following would be good to check:

DiskStation> cat /opt/include/openssl/crypto.h | grep RSA
 * apply to all code found in this distribution, be it the RC4, RSA,
# define CRYPTO_LOCK_RSA                 9
# define CRYPTO_LOCK_RSA_BLINDING        25
# define CRYPTO_EX_INDEX_RSA             6

DiskStation> opkg list libopenssl
libopenssl - 1.0.2h-1 - The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust,
 commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source toolkit implementing the Secure
 Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS v1) protocols as well
 as a full-strength general purpose cryptography library.
 This package contains the OpenSSL shared libraries, needed by other programs.

DiskStation> uname -a
Linux DiskStation 3.10.35 #5644 SMP Thu Nov 12 17:18:22 CST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

DiskStation> pwd
/volume1/scratch/source/tarsnap-autoconf-1.0.37

config.log is here: