RE: Compiling on Synology

Hi Graham,

I was able to get tarsnap to compile.  I'll update what I did for others who
may find themselves in the same situation.

My system is Synology DS414.  It has the arm7l CPU.

I needed to do the following to get everything to work:

1. I installed entware-ng which provides a development environment.  See
here:  https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-ng/wiki/Install-on-Synology-NAS
2. I then installed gcc.  See here:
https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-ng/wiki/Using-gcc-(native-compilation)
3. I installed development headers following the instructions in the above
link.

The problem is that entware-ng doesn't create some of the lib symlinks
properly creating configure problems when compiling tarsnap.  So you need to
use "opkg install --force-reinstall" to reinstall openssl and other packages
configure complains about.

After, compiling is simple and everything works.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help.

Arun.