Re: Does --newer work for -x?

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 00:29, Graham Percival <gperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 12:19:09AM +0100, Scott Wheeler wrote:
>> bela: /tmp/foo> sudo tarsnap -xvf test --newer "Jan 1, 2016"
>
> --newer is only specified for working with -c:

Ah, odd, missed that when scanning the docs.  Most options that aren't supported in a given mode return an error.  Since tarsnap does do some conditional processing (even if erroneously) and neither prints an error nor exits with a non-zero status, I kept playing with it.

-Scott

--
Scott Wheeler | Co-founder | Directed Edge | www.directededge.com | @directededge