[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Nuking zombie/retired servers
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Nuking zombie/retired servers
- From: Victor Boctor <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 17:28:12 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: tarsnap.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;tarsnap.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=mantishub.net;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHSsI1/s1XfYqp5h0y9Sth9bizGgw==
- Thread-topic: Nuking zombie/retired servers
Looking at our tarsnap activity for all servers, we have a set of old servers that have been retired now for a while. We are being charged storage for them, but obviously no bandwidth. What is the easiest way to nuke archives for such servers? We may have the keys for some of such servers, but not sure all of them.
For the ones we have the keys for, is it possible to run the command to nuke their storage for an active server, without nuking the data of the server? Or do we run this from an Mac/Ubuntu client machine?