Re: Account from Keyfile

It does answer my quesetion, yes :) Wasn't sure if there was some hashing magic going on (though I don't know how) that separated the two :P Am I to presume all linking is done server-side - i.e. the key itself doesn't directly contain any information about the account it's tied to?

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 17:01 ACST, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:

On 05/22/17 20:33, Stephen wrote:
> Just a quick/simple question (hopefully)! Given a keyfile, can the
> account be determined from said keyfile (either by ourselves, or
> Colin)? Or is the account only used to set up + authorise that key
> file to store on the service, using a one-way only kind of identifier?
>
> Just curious if a keyfile can be used to identify an account, or not
> :)

I haven't figured out how to bill people for their machines' usage without
knowing which account each machine belongs to. Does that answer your
question? ;-)