Re: Account from Keyfile

On 05/23/17 00:35, Stephen Argent wrote:
> It does answer my quesetion, yes :) Wasn't sure if there was some hashing
> magic going on (though I don't know how) that separated the two :P Am I to
> presume all linking is done server-side - i.e. the key itself doesn't directly
> contain any information about the account it's tied to?

Correct.  Key files contain a machine ID, and those IDs are currently visible
(albeit not obvious) if you look up your accounting history on the tarsnap
website; but while that can let you figure out if a machine belongs to your
account, having someone else's keys won't let you figure out what their
account is.

Colin Percival