Re: tarsnap nuke and the web interface

On 07/16/17 04:37, Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote:
> (I sent this a week or so ago, but the message never appeared)

Were you subscribed to the list?  Messages from addresses not subscribed get
filtered into a moderation queue -- and since that queue is about 99.9% spam,
they rarely get out of the queue unless I know to go and look for a specific
email to rescue it.

> I've got quite a few dead servers in the tarsnap web-interface - I guess
> there is some need, so users can access historical data.
>
> However, for me, this is clutter I can't get rid of, and the situation
> will only get worse with time.
>
> Each 'dead' server was terminated with the "nuke" option. Is there a better
> way to get this fact to the web interface (and any other behinds-the-scene
> databases that thinks the null-sized server-entries are still active)?
>
> I.E. Can/should the nuke option actually expire/invalidate a key as well
> as zapping all archives (as is all it appears to do now)?

The `tarsnap --nuke` command cannot invalidate keys.  I can do that, but
they'll stay in the web interface (for now) because I haven't gotten around
to writing the code to clean that up.