Re: tarsnap on Windows Server 2012 R2

> > One option I have is to add memory to the VM, and reattempt the compilation. But could I simply copy the various tarsnap .exe files that I built earlier?
>
> Assuming it's the same version of Windows and Cygwin: Yes, you should be able
>
> to copy the executable files across.

I copied over the .exe files, and the tarsnap.conf.sample file from the Azure instance, created the /usr/local/tarsnap-cache directory, and created a /root directory for the key I generated. Unlike before (when I had "successfully" compiled tarsnap using Cygwin 32-bit) tarsnap worked without hanging. But 2 GB seems to be inadequate for compiling the tarsnap suite, whereas the 3.5 GB on the Azure instance was sufficient.

Thus, finally, I am running tarsnap successfully within Cygwin 64-bit on an Alibaba Cloud instance running Windows Server 2012 R2 with 1 vCPU and 2 GB memory.

Thank you for your assistance.

Paul