Re: [ANN] scrypt command-line utility and library

On Sat, Jun 08, 2013 at 07:56:31PM +0200, JK wrote:
> Hi, i just wrote a basic command-line utility and library for using the
> scrypt key derivation function.
>
> https://github.com/jkalbhenn/scrypt

Thanks!  Your base91 encoding is very nice, but it's non-standard and it
includes the colon, which makes the resulting strings unsuitable for
/etc/passwd format files.  Would you considering switching to the
encoding proposed here? -

https://www.gitorious.org/scrypt/scrypt-unix-crypt/blobs/master/unix-scrypt.txt

An implementation of it is available here:

http://mail.tarsnap.com/scrypt/msg00109.html

Also, GPLv3+ is too strict to my taste, especially for library code
like this.  I think the license should be no stricter than Colin's
original (that is, 2-clause BSD).

Alexander