Re: spiped 1.2.1 released

On 08/31/12 21:34, Berk D. Demir wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
>> If there's any other build breakage, please let me know!
>
> I updated my homebrew repo with 1.2.1 and about to send a pull request.
> After reading the discussion here I realized I wasn't installing
> README files to the documentation directory and while on it, I
> realized README of spipe has a single char typo where usage line says
> 'spiped' instead of 'spipe'.

*sigh*

Obviously I need to get more careful when I copy material from one program
to reuse for another...

> I also patch this along with '-lrt'
> removal from LDADD. It's a minor error but I will hold sending a pull
> request until I get a reply from you.  The options I can think of are:
> 1) fix and release 1.2.2, 2) fix it in 1.2.1 and ask package
> maintainers to update the checksums (ugh!) 3) ignore it until the next
> release.

I've fixed it in my tree (along with removing a couple of unnecessary
object files which were being linked into the spipe code), and I'm inclined
to release a version 1.2.2... but not quite yet.  Given that this is a
non-critical issue, I'll wait a week or so in case any more problems get
noticed -- I don't want to end up doing a 1.2.3 as well!