Re: Is it possible to forward unix sockets?

Yes I tried that...my local machine is behind NAT and it wouldn't be desirable any way to have a connection back to my machine. I have a process on my local machine that binds a socket that I need to forward to a remote machine, so decrypting on my local machine doesn't make sense - it needs to encrypt on my machine but that won't work as the source socket is already bound (obviously).

At the moment I have socat performing the unix domain functions and spiped doing network and encryption / decryption functions...I just wondered if it was possible without socat, which I don't think it is, unfortunately!