Subject: Tarsnap experimental .deb packages
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 03:43:26 -0800
From: Colin Percival <cperciva@tarsnap.com>
To: tarsnap users <tarsnap-users@tarsnap.com>

Hi Tarsnap users,

Experimental Tarsnap .deb binary packages are now available for Debian,
Ubuntu, and similar Linux distributions for the amd64 and i386 architectures.

You can find installation instructions at
    https://pkg.tarsnap.com/experimental/
including the Tarsnap experimental debian signing key
    0x5CA7AAEF0C8DDADA

Assuming no problems show up in the next week, this will become an official
channel for getting tarsnap (documented on the main tarsnap website, and
with a signing key which doesn't have "EXPERIMENTAL" in its name) in January.

Binary packages for RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, and similar Linux distributions
will probably come next; I might also provide FreeBSD packages, but I'm not
sure there's much point given that the FreeBSD.org pkg repository provides
tarsnap packages.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what platform would come next;
feel free to offer suggestions.