Re: Pass password via environment variable

Hi Graham! Thanks for that!
Any idea when the next Tarsnap client will be released?
Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 2:05 PM Graham Percival <gperciva@tarsnap.com> wrote:
Hi Mauro,

Not in the latest official tarball, 1.0.39.  The NEWS.md file in
the git repository does list a new --passphrase-stdin option [1],
which could be used with an environment var [2].

It might be worth mentioning that scrypt 1.3.1 (released last week
[3]) added a host of new password entry methods, including
--passphrase env:VARNAME

[1] https://github.com/Tarsnap/tarsnap/blob/master/NEWS.md
[2] something like `echo $VARNAME | tarsnap ...`
[3] http://mail.tarsnap.com/scrypt/msg00268.html

Cheers,
- Graham