Re: Speeding up slooooowwww extractions

Yeah,

 Perhaps a big feature request for Tarsnap N+1: small (Like 1MB??) block requests per file - would assist greatly in restoring big files when we could parallel run multiple tarsnap instances.

 Another “Request” - File Checksums (SHA256/etc.) in the ‘-tv’ (or -tvv) output - that way I can check whether the backed up / stored file in the archive is similar to the one on disk - especially usefull when doing things like the above, and then with a -tvvv each block’s checksum