fsck required after startup on Mac

Hi Graham, Colin & list,

I'm experiencing an issue where every time I restart my computer, Tarsnap requires me to run fsck when I create a new archive:

tarsnap: Sequence number mismatch: Run --fsck
tarsnap: Error creating new archive
tarsnap: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Previously, when using Ubuntu, this would only happen when I had network errors during the archiving process. Now, it happens after every restart, despite experiencing no issues during archiving. I'm using MacOS 12.6, using Tarsnap 1.0.40. I have FileVault enabled and I also use Truecrypt/Veracrypt volumes (not sure if any of that makes a difference).

Any suggestions about how to debug this?

Thank you!
Federico