Re: fsck required after startup on Mac

Hi Federico,

Tarsnap automatically skips archiving the cachedir, but there's certainly no
harm in omitting it from your archived directories.

I think that in your case, if the cachedir changes, then that indicates
something weird.  The cachedir can change as a result of certain tarsnap
operations (such as deleting an archive), but if you don't have an automatic
backup process, I would hope that you don't have an automatic archive deletion
process!

In case you haven't seen it, here's some additional info about the cachedir:
https://www.tarsnap.com/cachedir.html

Sharing the ls -l from your cachedir on this list is not necessary; I would
only send that as a private email to me and Colin.  The size of the
"directory" file indicates how many blocks you have stored on the tarsnap
servers.  Due to deduplication, that doesn't reveal a huge amount about your
backups -- it would be impossible to tell if you had a few large archives, or
many deduplicated small archives -- but it's still private info.

Cheers,
- Graham