Tarsnap recovery ETA ~ 2012-07-01 20:00 UTC

Hi all,

I wanted to give you an update on the process of bringing Tarsnap back online:
If no problems come up, I expect Tarsnap to fully back online in about 7 hours,
i.e., around 20:00 UTC.

The recovery process involves three phases -- first extracting bits from S3,
then constructing databases of log entries and their locations in S3, and
finally replaying the logs in order to regenerate other databases.  I couldn't
provide an ETA until now because I didn't have an accurate estimate for how
long this last phase would take until it started; but the first two phases are
done and the last phase is now making steady progress.

Of course, this ETA depends on having nothing unexpected come up, and even if
everything continues to run smoothly, it is only an *estimate* -- but I'll send
out another email if there are any significant delays.

As always, feel free to email me if you have any questions.