From: Harry Putnam [mailto:reader@newsguy.com]
Sent: 30 June 2011 05:12
To: tarsnap-users@tarsnap.com
Subject: first test of setup .. what is wrong here

Using `getting started' documentation and a few posts here I decided to
test my setup and make sure I understood what was to happen.

Ater creating account, passwd, config file I tried archiving a small
directory.

Less than 800 mb.  My command line:

   tarsnap -c -f test lc_dir

It's been running for over 10 minutes so far.  Judging by the flickering
light on network activity icon. It appears to be running.

I was never prompted for a passwd yet but the command has output this
... so far:

   Directory /usr/local/tarsnap-cache for "--cachedir \
   /usr/local/tarsnap-cache"

Nothing else in 12 minutes now.

I have a cable modem with comcast and normally have fairly fast up/down

I really hope this is a complete aberration and I have something wrong
locally, otherwise this is really going to suck.
[I waited a bit more before posting... its been a full 17 minutes now,
and no change as yet.

 Click
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/wQw0zmjPoHdJTZGyOCrrhg==
EHBXh+p50AccaibTBkjYnKBAgsxylu605SELIeSJhirLg==  to report this email as
spam.

--
Vision Support Trading
Web Site - www.vstrading.co.uk

Please note all electronic mail may be monitored.

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales). The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Vision Support Trading Ltd, and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.