Re: s3 location

On 07/05/11 18:33, Jurgen Weber wrote:
> I am looking to bring another customer on board with your solution, but
> they have concerns with "where" the data is located.
>
> Basically we do not want it stored in the USA, due to their laws (forget
> about encryption).
>
> Looking at the s3 website:
> [snip]
>
> What bucket does tarsnap use?

Data stored via Tarsnap ends up in the US-Standard S3 region.

Using other S3 regions is a feature request I hear on a regular basis, but I'm
afraid it's not going to happen any time soon -- setting up all the Tarsnap
infrastructure in a new region is too big a task to handle for right now given
the relatively small number of people who need this.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid