Re: feature request

Hi all,

On 12/12/11 13:25, Michael Stevens wrote:
> So I was thinking tarsnap would be so much easier if there was a debian
> apt repository for it.
>
> Please can we have one? please please please :)

I'm a FreeBSD guy so I'm a bit clueless (ok, a lot clueless) where Debian
packaging is concerned.  I've got packaging metadata in the Tarsnap source
tarballs (thanks to Mads Sulau Joergensen!) which I think should make it
easy to build Debian packages.

What would be involved here?  Google is finding me a bunch of documentation
on "setting up an apt repository" but it's not immediately clear if those
are the relevant instructions if I'm just trying to distribute a single
application.

Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid