Re: Cache directories

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 10:38:01PM +0300, Nikolay Amiantov wrote:
> I've described the situation further in my mail ;)

I couldn't quite understand the bottom part of your initial email,
so I thought it was safer to point you towards the (new) docs.

> Anyway, your links are very helpful and I feel ashamed that I've
> overlooked this in documentation.

The website has been slowly gaining new material over the past 15
months (and had previously not changed in years), so many
long-time users won't be aware of the newer bits.  :)

> If I understand correctly, a cache directory is bound to a key,
> so I need to use different cache directories for different keys
> -- is it correct?

That matches my understanding as well.

> There's still question about first time initialization of a
> cache directory. Is it okay if I run fsck before the first run
> of tarsnap in our module automatically?

Certainly ok!  If the key was never used before, then this will
add an unnecessary ~5 second delay while tarsnap communicates with
the server.  But in the grand scheme of things, that's not a big
problem.

Cheers,
- Graham