Re: Tarsnap GUI on Mac stopped running scheduled job

Amar <amar@mailbox.org> wrote:
> "ls -l /usr/local/opt/tarsnap-gui” returns:
>
> > lrwxr-xr-x  1 amar  admin    27B Jun 15 09:26 /usr/local/opt/tarsnap-gui -> ../Cellar/tarsnap-gui/1.0.1

Ah, OK. That's probably good, though I'm surprised that's not the
path used in the .plist.

(I'm stomping around in Graham and Colin's territory here, just
trying to figure out why your job is running; I'm sure they'll be
back with specific tarsnap-gui-related fixes before I manage to do
too much damage. ;->)

> "/Users/amar/Library/Logs/tarsnap-gui.log" seems to have been last edited was on June 14.
>
> Some snippets:
>
> > Next daily:  Fri Jun 15 2018
> …
> > unknown(0): Next monthly:  Sun Jul 1 2018
> …
> > Task {xx-xxx-xxx-xxx} started:
> …
> > Task {xx-xxx-xxx-xxx} finished with exit code 0:
>

> These are the last lines pretty much except for some log out that lists what directories are being backed up and archive sizes summary. I can share more from this file if needed.
>
> I checked launch control and now after I changes the version in path from 1.0 to 1.0.1 it doesn’t show any error in that field or any field (earlier it was; something like “file not found”) but the entry still shows “Error 78” which on googling I found means “not implemented”.

Hrm. I wonder what's 'not implemented'. Although error messages
sometimes have nothing whatsoever to do with reality. (I found two
things a little bit odd in your .plist: 1. the 'working directory'
entry and 2. the lack of a 'Program' entry.)

At a very simple level, if you cd into

/usr/local/Cellar/tarsnap-gui/1.0.1/Tarsnap.app/Contents/MacOS/

and run

/Tarsnap --jobs

what happens? (This command, to my eyes, is what the launchd job
is attempting to run.)

And at this point I think I should probably step away and let The
Brothers Percival resume their deliberations!

Best of luck with it.