Re: Potential spiped 1.6.2 release -- please test

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:38:50PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> So it turns out that the ARM AES feature uses vdupq_laneq_u32(), which
> seems to be an A64-only instruction. This led to the build breaking on
> the Debian armhf builder[0] (look for vdupq_laneq_u32 in the build log).

Sorry!  I can't remember all the details, but it looks like my raspberry 4
(which is capable of 64-bit, but runs in 32-bit mode in raspbian;
uname -m reports armv7l) has gcc-8 as the default version, and that doesn't
support ARM AES (at least with the flags that we test).

I see that your build log uses gcc-9; and if I test it on my system with
clang-9, I get the same error message.

> What do you think about the two attached patches? The first one blocks
> the ARM AES feature from being enabled on non-aarch64 ARM builders, and
> the second one makes sure that the tests-output/ directory is removed
> after "make clean".

Both patches look suitable, but I'd like to take a look at replacing
vdupq_laneq_u32 in non-aarch64.

Based on a quick skim, it looks like vdupq_n_u32 is supported in v7 and A32,
so I imagine that it would work.  (Disclaimer: it's been a few months since I
did any ARM stuff.)

Apologies,
- Graham