Re: What all do I need to migrate tarsnap-gui setup to new MacBook?

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:34:03AM -0700, Graham Percival wrote:
> In your case, I suspect that you have many archives so it's spending a lot of
> time on this step.
>
> I've added two issues: showing progress in the setupwizard, and adding an
> import / export functionality:
> https://github.com/Tarsnap/tarsnap-gui/issues/550

For the curious: git master of the gui will now display a progress bar for the
"verifying archive integrity" stage inside the setup wizard.

For the very curious: I (somewhat arbitrarily) decided that the --fsck
messages for Phase 1, 2, 3, 4 were worth 5% each, while Phase 5 was worth 10%.
Within phase 4, we see the archive progression (e.g., "archive 12/37"), so
those are easily scaled to cover the range of 20% to 90%.  It's not a smooth
progress bar, but it seems like a reasonable approximation, and it would be
easy to tweak those numbers later if necessary.

Cheers,
- Graham