retry/append/restart restores ? Re: Speeding up slooooowwww extractions

SO, my next issue that pops up is the ability to restart/append a file busy being extracted when the tarsnap process gets killed/etc. during the restore.
I don’t see anything in the manual page so wonder where that is documented if at all?

( and yes I’ve started an instance in Canada to be closer to the tarsnap USoA for the restores, yes, seems to be about double the speed, but still <50% after 24hours for a 100GB file extraction ;( )