Multithreading support?

Hello folks,

I am getting started with Tarsnap and had a general question about the development roadmap. I am liking Tarsnap so far, and I’m glad I found you all. I searched through the listserv archives, and didn’t see any reference to multithreading support. Are there any plans to parallelize tarsnap to improve performance on systems with lower clock rates but several logical cores? On my Haswell i3 FreeNAS box, it feels like tarsnap is stuck in 2nd gear!

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Seth