Re: Potential spiped 1.6.2 release -- please test

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021 at 01:16:43AM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > Both patches look suitable, but I'd like to take a look at replacing
> > vdupq_laneq_u32 in non-aarch64.

After looking into it, it's possible; however, I lack an arm32 system with the
cryptographic extensions, so I can't test it.

> So... would it be too lazy of me to ask for somebody who knows what
> they're doing to provide at least a patch for testing?

We're going with your solution of "disable it on arm32", albeit with slightly
different code:
https://github.com/Tarsnap/spiped/pull/339

> (I can test it in a chroot on a porterbox without having to upload a whole
> new package)

Hmm, do you know if any such machines are arm32 with cryptographic extensions?
    $ grep aes /pro/cpuinfo

We're not going to rush to get arm32 + aes working for the spiped 1.6.2
release, but I'd be happy to collaborate on enabling this for the following
version of spiped, if you can test them.

The same applies to the GNU/Hurg SO_REUSEADDR thing.  Unless it's a trivial
fix (or the problem exists on other operating systems), it's probably not
going to happen before 1.6.2, but I'm happy to work on that afterwards.

Cheers,
- Graham