Re: Tarsnap GUI shows 0 data archived or backed up

Hey Amar,

Thanks for sending the Journal log. It will definitely help in debugging this. Assuming that you started using Tarsnap GUI on the 18th here's what I see happening:

1. You added Job "weekly tarsnap backup";
2. You started a backup for said Job at 00-57-08 and then another which failed with:
[18/08/17 1:04 AM] Backup Job_weekly tarsnap backup_2017-08-18_01-04-30 failed: tarsnap: Transaction already in progress

Which is correct since you can't run multiple create/delete operations with tarsnap, these two operations are mutually-exclussive.

3. You exited the app and ran it again, while the first backup ran in the background still. You tried a manual backup again which failed for the same reason.

4. You started a new session when you woke up, I see 8:40 AM. You queued a dropbox on-demand backup which started running immediately. I see no backup finished for the initial backup at 2017-08-18_00-57-08 which I assume you killed the process either by system shutdown or otherwise.

5. Then you followed with more actions which failed with:
[18/08/17 1:35 PM] Backup Job_weekly tarsnap backup_2017-08-18_10-03-42 failed: tarsnap: Error looking up v1-0-0-server.tarsnap.com: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
These are network issues, check your firewall if you have one or could have been just a temporary network problem on your side.

I see you had better success with creating archives and jobs later on between 21-22. Can you confirm that you have those backups showing up in the GUI?

Thank you,
Shinnok